Like it 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hate it 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
Dont care 57%  57%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 7
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:31 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Im told the reason they changed. Is because dealers could not keep enough tags for deer season.....The boys got there deer tags because they hunt off the farm.24.99 each..The way the tags are set up you write your name and license number and all other info on a paper and put that on the deer.....Everybody Ive talked to so far dont like it...If you think about this Poaching or taging deer and not taking them in.Could be at a all time high....The way this is set up its too easy to cheat..The old way you had to ruin up your license to tag a deer......In case you did not know all license look the same until you read them..They are all white and printed off a printer....I wrote the year and what its for on the back of mine.. So I know what it is with out having to unfold it....Some of the older guys say they are hard for them to even read......What do you guys think like them or not??????????

Nite Ch Nite Time Cheat
Nite Ch Goose Creek Little Tina (1 w GN)
Ch Wild Rivers Indiana ShowQueen
Wild Rivers Machine Gun Kelly
Wild Rivers Stylish Showgirl (Tide X Queen)
English
Gr Ch Nite Ch 'pr' Twin CK Lady
Wild Rivers Main Street Hooker
Black n Tan
Nite Ch 'pr' Black River Boy (3 w to Grand)
Ch Wild Rivers Whole Lotta Rosie
Wild Rivers Black Pearl

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:40 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Don't know haven't seen them, but it sounds alot like I have to do for my lifetime license. The poaching/not checking in is going to happen with any type of license, there are people who are going to do it regardless. I think I would like it since that is how I get my licenses when I travel to wisconsin, w. virginia to go hunting.JMO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:17 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Don't know haven't seen them, but it sounds alot like I have to do for my lifetime license. The poaching/not checking in is going to happen with any type of license, there are people who are going to do it regardless. I think I would like it since that is how I get my licenses when I travel to wisconsin, w. virginia to go hunting.JMO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:33 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

SC came out with a new one this year that comes off a printer and is printed on waterproof/tearproof paper.If yall's is like that,you better go ahead and make a copy of it and keep it in a safe place 'cause the writing will rub off the paper and you won't have anything to show the warden.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:18 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

they need to take lessons from mississippi ours are on waterproof and tear proof paper but they will not fade completely out in a yrs time they might get a little lighter but you can still read them the next yr when they expire

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:53 pm 
IP:
ive got my tennessee license and they are waterproof and tear proof and the writing dont wear off ive had them for a year in my wallet and they are a lot better than my license i have in virginia were it is paper it is already worn down the states need to all switch to the waterproof and tearproof huntin license its a lot better

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:38 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Chet- The state tried to keep it hush-hush about the end of the lifetime licenses, but luckly I found out and got mine the last day they were available. I bought it since I hunt alot, and at $855, it will pay for itself in about 5 years between deer and turkey and small game. The new paper tags are a "license to poach". I know people are paper tagging their deer, getting them home and butchering themselves. Kinda defeats the purpose of a 1 buck a year limit, when all they have to do is make it to their garage, and can start all over with the same tag. I also heard the $24.99 is going up, and they may go to a 1-800 # for checking in game over the phone, like Virginia, and others. Then our deer herd will vanish.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:22 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

$855 lifetime?

$24.99 Yearly?

Man, those are high.

I pay $16 a year for a Hunting License along with $16 for State Management License to hunt the State Management land.

Used to only have to pay $1 extra dollar for hunting State Management land......now it's the same as a yearly hunting license.

I should get a lifetime hunting license as in Alabama it's only $300.

Annual fishing license here is $9.50 with an lifetime license costing $150

Lifetime hunting and fishing license is $450

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:39 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

hey buck is it true that coon hunters ca'nt run there dogs on the james d
martin and if so maybe we need to say something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:46 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

The reason they say (THEY) went to the ONE Buck RULE is.They want the bucks to get bigger more wall hangers...The funny thing today was opening day.The neighbors shot a small fork horn and a button buck and a basket rack 8.They do that every year they shoot the first deer that walks by.We let these deer walk all season...We could have killed them many times....In bow season....We dont tell them about all the real nice Bucks we see.....LOL..... The Indiana lifetime license was real cheap when they first came out with them...BUT they keept raising the fees so most could not afford it anymore...I quit deer hunting off the farm..Im not going to pay 24.99 to deer hunt when I can for free..........LOL..I have a buddy that leases land next to his just to keep other deer hunters off.He pays $1000.00 a year and he still has to get a license to hunt it..He can step across the fence and hunt for free..I know a lot of guys just quit deer hunting they cant afford it..You can kill a buck and 2 does where I live. If you have the meat done you have at least $125 in each deer..So thats $375 for the 3 deer.........Not cheap....I have about $5.oo in mine..We cut them up ............I wander how long it will be.Until they say you cant do that ............I also heard that the fees will be going up again...When are they going to learn that higher fees mean less hunters....But thats the Goverment at work for you........

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:26 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

from what i heard alabama is at a really low license sale, and they have
more good hunting land than we ever had. can't figure it out myself.